Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ride home for Thursday, 13 March

The roads on the way home were even deader than they have been all week; I'm not sure what the story is there but (as usual) I'm not complaining about it. I took the fire trail back as it had been cleared, although the warmer weather meant it was mushy and took an awful lot of effort to pedal through.

Hit the butcher's on the way home where we discussed gas prices and how people were lining up idling their engines to save (maybe) a couple of bucks on a fillup. The stupidity of some drivers was demonstrated on the way out, where they were queuing all the way into the main road on my side of the road, with traffic going to the mall continuing to drive in on the correct side. The drivers waiting in the queue bore a remarkable resemblance to zombies, with slack jaws, expressionless faces, and an apparent lack of intelligence behind the eyes...

Distance logged: 13.370km
Time: 50:46
Average speed: 15.8km/hr
Max speed: 42.3 km/hr
Temperature: -4C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 1516.534km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.08
Monthly distance: 270.064km
Monthly cost per km: $0

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawna said...

I was lined up to get gas after work yesterday, but I turn my car off while I wait (no idling for this gal), and hope I look a little more intelligent than the drivers you described. ;)

Friday, March 14, 2008 12:28:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

Switching off your engine would, I feel, put you several orders of magnitude higher up the food chain than most of the people in the queue, I suspect! The thing to watch out for is the temptation to sit and stare at the rear window of the driver in front of you - if you don't look around every now and then and pay attention to your surroundings I think your soul may be sucked out and turned into a bumper sticker.

Sunday, March 16, 2008 9:31:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home