Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ride for Saturday, 24 May

Came down to take my bike out to go down to the market and found I had a flat. I swiped round the inside of the tyre and found what I thought was the culprit, a tiny little stone that had worked its way in. After about 8km I found I was mistaken as I got another flat. This time around I inflated the tube to figure out where the flat was, and cross referenced it on the tyre against the label and valve stem. A close look revealed a tiny shard of glass that had worked its way into the tread (which had sealed up after it) and poked the merest smidgeon through the casing - just enough to slowly abrade the inner tube and cause a slow flat...

Distance logged: 25.484km
Time: 83:52
Average speed: 18.2km/hr
Max speed: 47.2 km/hr
Temperature: 10C-15C
Cumulative distance: 2871.408km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.06
Monthly distance: 456.499km
Monthly cost per km: $0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home