Saturday, March 12, 2005

Maintenance day

Cleaned off the bike, hopefully the waxing will last until the weather warms up and I can take it outside for a proper cleanup and waxing (instead of wiping it down dry with kitchen roll). Cleaned the chain, rims and pads, and re-shimmed the rear brakes to align them better after having the rear derailleur replaced. I think I need a shim of some sort on the left dropout to offset the wheel so it's centred better, but for now a bit of electrical tape over the section that's getting caught by the flashing on the tyre will do. When spring hits and I'm back to slicks it shouldn't matter anyway. Actually, when spring hits I'll be getting my new bike anyway!

We're getting more snow; depending on which forecaster you listen to, we're going to get somewhere between 4 and 30cm of snow. If only I could get away with such inaccuracy in my job! Still, it should make for some fun riding - I might go out on my bike tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home