Saturday, March 05, 2005

Ride home for Friday, 04 March

Seriously underdressed for the weather; allegedly it was -3C when I set off, but I saw a temperature display outside a building that said -10C. Of course, I was just wearing cycling shorts and cycling tights, so my legs were freezing cold. I didn't want to stop and put on leg warmers or my rain pants, so I just carried on regardless.

The fire trail was still frozen over with a light covering of snow hiding my earlier tracks, which meant I had the bike bouncing all over - even the studded tyres didn't stop it (although I suspect without them, I'd have gone down several times).

My bike computer worked fine, though, so it looks like there's definitely something temperature related going on.

Distance logged: 12.667km
Time: 44:29
Average speed: 17.1km/hr
Max speed: 51.1km/hr
Temperature: -3C to -10C, windy, cloudy, occasional snow
Cumulative distance: 626.392km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home