Saturday, March 26, 2005

Ride for Saturday, 26 March

Went for a ride out to Tantallon. The road out (#213) after Kearney Lake Road started out extremely rolling, after 15km or so the road seemed to change into some kind of proto-highway with a 90km/hr speed limit. I hopped over onto the shoulder at that point, which was a mixture of (extremely battered) paving and earth. The earth wasn't too bad when it was dried out and/or compacted, but there were several sections which were waterlogged and muddy, which wasn't much fun.

The weather was pretty chilly, I ended up putting on a fleece about 8km after I set off, and didn't take it off until I was about 15km from home. It wasn't actually all that cold in terms of looking at the thermometer, but I think the water evaporating from the melting snow was what kept things cool. I checked the thermometer after I stopped off to have an apple, and it was actually reading 10C, but I think that might just have been because the thermometer was in the sun - probably because the thermometer was black.

Less than a km till I roll over to 1000km for this year! Not bad considering I was out of action for January...

Another kludged up gps map, this time with the excess clipped off so it doesn't overflow the blogger.com layout:

GPS map of the ride to Tantallon and back

Distance logged: 48.315km
Time: 2:19:43
Average speed: 20.7km/hr
Temperature: -1C to 2C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 999.066km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home