Friday, March 25, 2005

Ride for Thursday, March 24th

Finally got the chance to do the Peggy's Cove run. Set off at 9:15 from Bedford after a chiropractor's appointment, and stopped off at home to drop off a couple of locks since my backpack was feeling really heavy (it was mostly water - 2 * 2 litre platypus bags, and 2 * 710ml bottles of gatorade mix). It was snowing lightly (mostly ice crystals, I think) as I set out, the forecast was for things to warm up to 4C, but I don't think it ever did. I stopped off after about an hour to put warmers in my boots, then another half hour later stopped off to put on a fleece and rain pants. This was enough to keep me warm enough for the rest of the time, although I switched gloves a few times.

I did this ride as the longest ride of the year last summer, and managed to shave 40 minutes off the time this time around, which is pretty good.

Here's a cobbled together map of the route I took:



Distance logged: 105.29km
Time: 5:21:21
Average speed: 19.6km/hr
Temperature: 0C to 2C, snowing, then cloudy
Cumulative distance: 950.751km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home