Sunday, June 05, 2005

Ride for Saturday, 05 June

I'm going to be going to Oak Island for a sales conference on Thursday so I took a ride down to Chester to see how far I could get in 3 hours. I didn't quite make it to Chester, but I got pretty close. It was sunny almost the whole way, but about 30km from home the heavens opened. I stopped at a supermarket to get some shelter, but after 15 minutes it was still raining (though not so bad) so I set off anyway.

The ride took me about 7 hours in total, including breaks. I drank 5 litres of water, 2 litres of Gatorade, a bottle of Pepsi (for the caffeine), and ate 3 apples, 3 granola bars and an icecream. I did a GPS map as usual, which you can see by clicking on this link.

Distance logged: 130.600km
Time: 5:23:43
Average speed: 24.2km/hr
Max speed: 61.4km/hr
Temperature: 22C to 27C to 23C, sunny, rain showers near the end
Cumulative distance: 2669.801km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home