Sunday, July 10, 2005

Ride for Saturday, 09 July

Went for a ride out to Waverley to make a cue sheet for Knox when he visits. Unfortunately I only got partway along Kearney Lake Road when I started feeling a bump... bump... bump from the rear wheel. At first I thought the rear wheel was out of true and rubbing on the brake, but I couldn't see anything obvious. Looking closer, I noticed that there was a section of tyre about an inch and a half long right by the rim that had frayed out... Obviously not a good idea to keep riding! I managed to limp home OK and took the tyre off; the tyre had frayed between the bead and the sidewall, it was actually seethrough in parts! I took off the front tyre as well, and then went off to get new tyres...

Distance logged: 15.511km
Time: 38:57
Average speed: 24.0km/hr
Max speed: 99.9km/hr
Temperature: 20C, overcast
Cumulative distance: 3221.137km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home