Thursday, September 15, 2005

Ride into work for Thursday, 15 September

Humid ride in, I guess the front edge of Hurricane Ophelia is pushing the weather ahead of it - we're due for up to 100mm of rain on Saturday. Something tells me I'm not going to be out riding this weekend...

Cleaned up my bike last night. I started by dropping out the rear wheel and fixing the fender with the nuts and bolt I got from IdealBikes, and then I noticed how much dirt and gunk was stuck between the gears on my rear wheel - I was picking out clods of the stuff. I used a strip of rag soaked in chain cleaner to clean it off, then a dry strip to get the rest of it out. I also cleaned the chain after putting the wheel back on. So much for dry lube keeping the chain clean and dirt just "dropping off"...

Distance logged: 16.752km
Time: 44:04
Average speed: 22.8km/hr
Max speed: 59.6km/hr
Temperature: 16C, overcast, humid
Cumulative distance: 5227.003km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home