Friday, September 09, 2005

Ride home for Thursday, 08 September

Picked up my new wheel this evening, the difference is really amazing - the ride is a lot smoother, I don't know if it's the rim absorbing more vibration, or if it's the hub being significantly smoother. Also fitted the new lights, they're pretty impressive, but I need to fiddle with cabling runs to get the cables out of the way.

Broke another spoke on the rear, I'm starting to think about getting a spoke tensiometer; there were quite a few spokes that felt a bit loose.

Muppet of the day was a taxi driver who tried to pull over into me to pick up a fare. I leaned on the horn and he stopped, then he turned round, shaded his eyes from the glare of my lights, and said, "sorry, I didn't see you there". I asked the fare if he really wanted to take a ride in a taxi with a driver who had such visual acuity problems - he looked a bit shaken. I didn't stay to see how it panned out but I wouldn't be surprised if the fare called for another cab...

Computer is way out, I think the battery in the remote is toast.

Distance logged: 9.158km
Time: 42:36
Average speed: 12.9km/hr
Max speed: 46.1km/hr
Temperature: 25C-18C, sunny, clear
Cumulative distance: 4963.094km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home