Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Answering common search queries

Like a lot of people, I use a stats service to see how people get to my site. Some people are looking on the wrong site. Since I'm a decent sort of chap, here's my attempt to redirect future searchers.

Where to go on a walk in Halifax: Go to the trails database at http://trails.gov.ns.ca. Also covers kayaking trails (in the sea, of course), snowmobile and biking (though I'd recommend using a mountain bike for most of the trails, or a hybrid if you're feeling brave).

where in nova scotia is cheese made: Beats me. Try the farmer's market. There's five listed on their web site alone.

mec low rider rack installation: Yes, person from mec.ca who visited this site trying to figure it out, it's a real pain that there's no instructions included, isn't it? Install it the same as it looks in the picture on the website, the only bits that aren't obvious is the plated side (with the three knobby bits towards the back) faces out, and the U bolts go through the rack, then through the small piece of plate, and then the two nuts go on after that.

weather tomorrow halifax NS: Environment Canada Weather. The Weather Network.

Proofide Canada: http://shop.cycletherapy.ca/ProductInfo~productid~SA1250.html. As good a place as any, I'd say. Any bikes shop that buys through Norco can now buy Brooks products through them, so your LBS may be able to buy it too.

flu in nova scotia, may, 2006: There was flu in Nova Scotia in May, my doctor told me so. The strep throat was what really sucked for me, though.

bike lane halifax: Few and far between. It's also legal to park in them so long as your vehicle isn't more than 4.5 metres into the road. Use the back roads instead, there's usually hardly any traffic in the side streets and it's faster anyway, since you normally only have to wait for a gap in traffic on arterial roads to cross, instead of hanging around at traffic lights.

steve bike halifax (and various permutations thereof): You're allowed to bookmark this site, you don't have to keep looking on Google for the URL (http://hfxbike.blogspot.com, by the way). I'm rather curious to know why people read my blog that way - feel free to post a comment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home