Monday, June 19, 2006

Ride home for Monday, 19 June

Went to MEC at lunchtime and picked up a couple of 28C tyres, a bottle of Apple Cinnamon Carb-boom (as recommended by the Fat Cyclist) and a gel flask. My plan is to take the 32C tyres off the Nishiki and use one of them as a spare on the trip to Cape Breton; I'm finding they're slipping when I corner at anything over about 40km/hr, so I wanted something with a bit more grip. The sales blurb at MEC promise that the Continental Ultra Sport tyre has "special tread design delivers confidence inspiring adhesion and stability even during high speed cornering", and it's also puncture resistant - I guess I'll find out for sure tomorrow, as I put the tyres on tonight.

I also picked up a pair of Wellgo B37 pedals; I want a reliable set of pedals, and since Dougii grabbed a pair and noted there was only one left at MEC, I figured I'd better bite the bullet. I've thrown them on the Nishiki for now to make sure they get well ridden in, and then I'll put them on the hybrid for the trip to CB.

Distance logged: 16.005km
Time: 44:26
Average speed: 21.6km/hr
Max speed: 53.9 km/hr
Temperature: 20C, cloudy
Cumulative distance: 3607.421km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.47
Monthly distance: 492.773km
Monthly cost per km: $0.43

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home