Thursday, August 03, 2006

Ride into work for Thursday, 03 August

Rode in via Bedford for a doctor's appointment this morning. Had to stop on the way into work as something felt wobbly on the bike. I checked the quick release on both wheels, both fine but I tightened it a touch just in case. I checked the spokes on the front wheel, fine, then I checked the spokes on the back wheel, and found that the wheel had gone way out of true in a couple of places (probably due to a couple of nasty potholes I hit last week, and not helped by my bad habit of setting off in 3rd gear). One of the spokes had managed to come out so far I could see some of the threading! An impromptu truing session by the side of the road got it back into a rideable state, but I'm going to have to retrue it again this weekend - and see if I can get even higher tension on the wheels.

Continuing the Fedora install... an update to smbldap wiped my config, so I have to restart that from scratch. Feel free to ask me just how not impressed I am.

Distance logged: 33.533km
Time: 75:19
Average speed: 26.7km/hr
Max speed: 57.3 km/hr
Temperature: 16C-18C, light showers, humid
Cumulative distance: 4606.460km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.44
Monthly distance: 107.935km
Monthly cost per km: $0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home