Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Ride home for Tuesday, 03 October

Went into MEC at lunchtime to get a new pump, as I noticed I'd left mine on my other bike and figured it was a sure-fire way to get a puncture if I left work without one (and it seemed a good idea to have one on each bike anyway). Unfortunately this prophylactic move crashed and burned when I got a puncture on the way home - but at least I had a pump to get me going again!

On the upside, I found an mp3 player on the way home. It had been run over several times by cars, by the looks of it, so I picked it up just to see if it would still work. Surprisingly enough, it does; it's a Sony of some model, however it looks like it uses Sony's proprietary ATRAC format, so it's not much use to me. It is a 512 meg USB stick, though, so it's not entirely useless. I need to fix the play button on it, but otherwise it seems to work fine; I think play button just needs a shim to offset it, as it looks like it got crushed - if I used a screwdriver to push back against the play button it works fine.

Distance logged: 16.759km
Time: 46:36
Average speed: 21.6km/hr
Max speed: 56 km/hr
Temperature: 15C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 6218.284km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.41
Monthly distance: 59.944km
Monthly cost per km: $0.55

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home