Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Ride into work for Wednesday, 18 October

Muppet of the day attacked before I even managed to make it out of the street I live on. I was approaching the end of the street, signalling left, when a car approaching from the right decided to turn and massively cut the corner. I slammed on my brakes, he slammed on his, then he waved me on. Not, I feel, entirely unreasonably, I didn't really want to drive in front of such an obviously inept driver, so I waved him on in front of me. He then shouted at me, "hey, you go!", so I shouted back, "no thanks, I don't want to drive in front of you, I don't trust you, you go ahead." His response was to wave at me again, so I just stood there and stared at him. He then proceeded to slowly roll backwards down the incline while staring at me, which made me want to drive in front of him even less. Finally, another car came up behind him, and he pulled over to the curb in a rather wobbly fashion (still going backwards), then reversed into a driveway and took a right and headed back the way he came from.

I really couldn't make this stuff up.

Distance logged: 16.850km
Time: 40:52
Average speed: 24.7km/hr
Max speed: 62.9 km/hr
Temperature: 6C, clear
Cumulative distance: 6585.177km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.39
Monthly distance: 426.837km
Monthly cost per km: $0.09

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha oh that was great, probably the best one ive read so far

Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:29:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home