Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ride home for Thursday, 09 November

Another wet and windy ride. Muppet of the day was the pedestrian wearing a dark raincoat, dark suit jacket, dark trousers and dark shoes carrying a dark briefcase stepping out from under a tree at the corner of Vernon and Cherry. I initially thought it was a branch falling off the tree, and it wasn't until I caught his briefcase with my rack trunk that I realised it was a pedestrian. I stopped and asked if he was OK, and he (rather sheepishly) said he was fine and to keep going - I guess his plan was to dart out in front of the minivan behind me, and he hadn't even looked to see me after seeing the minivan's headlights out of the corner of his eye. My suspicion is he won't be making that mistake again for a while...

Distance logged: 13.643km
Time: 45:24
Average speed: 18km/hr
Max speed: 40.2 km/hr
Temperature: 14C, windy, rainy
Cumulative distance: 7058.165km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.39
Monthly distance: 191.928km
Monthly cost per km: $0.75

1 Comments:

Blogger Tuco said...

Any thoughts on the petition being drafted over on my blog? (http://tucorides.blogspot.com - a couple posts down now).
I'll probably put it up on a petition voting site soon.

Friday, November 10, 2006 9:03:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home