Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Ride home for Tuesday, 28 November

Muppet of the day was the woman in the SUV on Spring Garden who decided to veer into my lane because the person in front of them was turning left. It would have been nice if she'd waited until I was past, and as it was I ended up fending her vehicle off with the side of my shoe. The driver complained that she signalled which way she was turning ("didn't you see which way my wheels were going?") and that I "shouldn't be in the road like that". Unfortunately I caught her wing mirror and lifted it off as I rode past her (possibly tearing out the wires inside, oh dear), but since she didn't seem to be using it anyway it wasn't much of a tragedy.

Steamed home the rest of the way muttering imprecations about idiots driving vehicles that are too big for them.

Distance logged: 14.026km
Time: 41:05
Average speed: 20.1km/hr
Max speed: 55.7 km/hr
Temperature: 1C, windy
Cumulative distance: 7539.766km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.39
Monthly distance: 673.529km
Monthly cost per km: $0.46

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home