Friday, December 29, 2006

Ride into work for Friday, 29 December

Rode in via Bedford for a doctor's appointment. Had a headwind most of the way there, which sucked. My bike computer appears to be on the fritz, I think the battery needs replacing - it got stuck on various speeds through the ride, which is usually a sign of it not picking up the reed switch properly, my GPS worked fine for logging the distance though. Talked to the doctor about my knee pain, he compared my knees and saw there was swelling all the way around, with some bruising just under the kneecap that I hadn't even noticed. He reckons the synovial membrane has punctured slightly (probably due from the knee injury I had a couple of years ago), and he recommended I carry on with the ibuprofen and ice treatment and to take glucosamine/chondroitine supplements - I've been taking glucosamine supplements but he recommended I take ones with chondroitine as well.

Rolled over to 8000km for the year as well, beating the 7000km from last year. With Critical Mass tonight and a farmer's market visit tomorrow I might even get up to 8100 before the new year...

Distance logged: 32.795km
Time: 82:15
Average speed: 23.9km/hr
Temperature: -12C, windy
Cumulative distance: 8003.748km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.38
Monthly distance: 413.188km
Monthly cost per km: $0.18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home