Monday, January 08, 2007

Ride into work for Monday, 08 January

Had some fun on the way in when my front brake failed to work. Looks like the nut on the cable wasn't quite tight enough to hold against the force of braking (even though it was fine when I tested it before setting off). Ended up stopping and spending a few minutes fiddling to make sure it was on as tight as I could make it with an adjustable spanner, which meant I had to push it to get to work on time.

Distance logged: 11.191km
Time: 35:10
Average speed: 19.1km/hr
Max speed: 49.9 km/hr
Temperature: -1C, damp
Cumulative distance: 148.667km
Cumulative cost per km: $-0.69
Monthly distance: 148.667km
Monthly cost per km: $-102.28

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blog from time to time when it appears on my Google Halifax alerts page.
Could you explain how you can have a negative cost per km et cumulative km without having sold some equipment for more than it cost you?

Thursday, January 11, 2007 11:42:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

Hi Bob,

I got a refund on the Digital Emitter light from MEC when I took it back after it disintegrated on me in the way into work as they didn't have a replacement in stock. I stuck the refund in to my cost log and the cost per km came back negative as a result (although I think my script is slightly wonky at calculating the cumulative cost when it's negative).

Friday, January 12, 2007 6:37:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home