Thursday, April 19, 2007

Ride home for Thursday, 19 April

Stopped off at IdealBikes to see if everything was ready for me to take my bike in for the new brakes tomorrow. Dave had managed to find the brakes, so I'll be taking it in for new brake handles, wider handlebars and longer stem.

Had a bit of an issue on the way home, it felt like the cranks were coming loose. As a result I had real difficulty staying in gear, and the big ring was unusable, so I rode most of the way home rather gingerly in 1st to 3rd gear on the small and middle rings. I checked the cranks when I got home and took them off, but I couldn't see anything obvious. I put them back on and tightened everything up more and it seemed better, but I think it's just as well I'm taking the bike in again tomorrow... I guess this really is quite a junker bike - which is, after all, what I asked for!

Distance logged: 13.619km
Time: 49:34
Average speed: 16.5km/hr
Max speed: 46.1 km/hr
Temperature: 6C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 2527.092km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.26
Monthly distance: 493.470km
Monthly cost per km: $0.66

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home