Friday, May 04, 2007

More accident news

Thanks for all the messages of support.

I took some pictures this morning of the damage done to my bike. The damage I've found so far is a nipple ripped out of the rim, brake hoods damaged, handlebar bag broken off, and the bell broken off.

Here are some pictures of the damage done:


Wheel bent out of true


Spoke ripped out of the rim


One of the hoods bent in and torn up


Bell broken off


Handlebar bag broken off

It looks like a lot of energy was sucked up by my bell and by my handlebar bag. I don't know what happened to my bell, it seems to have disappeared. At least it gave its life for a good cause.

I called the police station this morning but the police officer who attended the scene on Monday was off until next Tuesday. The receptionist suggested I come into the office with ID to get a copy of the accident report but I explained I am under medical house arrest and cannot come in. I need to contact the officer next Tuesday when he is next on duty.

I now need to wait until the 10th when I have my next medical appointment.I should find out then if the pins are healing up properly or not.

9 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Looks like some serious damage. I am glad to hear you are recovering and I wish the best to you.

Friday, May 04, 2007 3:07:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man! What a mess. Hope you can get some help from an insurance company to put everything back into shape--preferably the Jeep owner's insurance company, right?

Friday, May 04, 2007 6:41:00 pm  
Blogger Doug said...

You haven't posted in a couple of days. I need an update!!

'Hope things are well. I was thinking about you all the way home from Bedford. Paranoid might be the word. Anyways. Back at tomorrow.

-Doug

Sunday, May 06, 2007 11:49:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my worst nightmare. Well, almost. Getting burned alive is my worst nightmare, this is my second worst nightmare- unobservant drivers. Quick thinking on the turn to lessen the impact and probably saving your life. I hope the guy (gal?) didn't try and place the blame on you and you'll get a new bike out of their insurance.

Here's to a speedy recovery!

Monday, May 07, 2007 3:49:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

I'm around, the painkillers I'm on are making me spend a lot of time sleeping. Fighting the voice recognition software doesn't really help matters either.

Monday, May 07, 2007 6:14:00 pm  
Blogger Doug said...

Steve,

Thanks for the update. My Son was in for surgery this morning so I can understand how you are not up to blogging. Take care of yourself and get well soon.

-Doug

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 3:11:00 pm  
Blogger Dawna said...

Wishing you lots of healing thoughts, and that you're able to get back onto your bike sooner rather than later.

Saturday, May 12, 2007 7:09:00 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Ohhh Steve! I'm sorry to hear about this! I hope you heal up soon and get your bike fixed. You seem to have the most dangerous commute that I read about.

Sunday, May 13, 2007 4:14:00 pm  
Blogger Jill Homer said...

How scary. I hope you are feeling better.

Monday, May 14, 2007 2:19:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home