Thursday, April 26, 2007

Ride home for Thursday, 26 April

Ended up being stuck late due to the network switchover, there was some really screwy stuff going on that I think was due to BGP being used on the old connectio but not on the new one; all the addresses worked except for one, I couldn't even see any traffic coming in when I sniffed the connection. Eventually got it up after configuring a laptop with that IP and tracerouting out, I guess either the ARP cache in the modem was screwy or the IP somehow got blackholed. Regardless, I was glad to get out of there and ride back home, though I'm definitely going to have to spend some time looking at alternative routes...

Distance logged: 6.296km
Time: 25:03
Average speed: 14.8km/hr
Max speed: 31.5 km/hr
Temperature: 14C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 2638.915km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.31
Monthly distance: 605.293km
Monthly cost per km: $0.83

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home