Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ride for Saturday, 25 August

Rode down to the Farmer's Market to do my weekly shopping.

Had a call from the police when I got back, another constable was following up on my report from last week - it sounds like the driver has now been called about this incident 3 times by 3 different officers, which is interesting. The constable told me the driver said his passenger may have "accidentally flicked his cigarette out of the window", judging by the tone of the constable's voice he believed that about as much as I did. The constable said he would follow up with the constable who filed the original report to ensure the driver's insurance company were aware of the report, and checked with me if it was OK to close the file now, which I agreed to.

I was rather surprised at how much effort was put into this, but I suppose with the number of bike cops around now the police have even more incentive to clamp down on bad driving by motor vehicle drivers.

Distance logged: 23.718km
Time: 74:51
Average speed: 19km/hr
Max speed: 55.1 km/hr
Temperature: 19C-25C, humid
Cumulative distance: 2971.453km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.28
Monthly distance: 239.228km
Monthly cost per km: $0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home