Monday, November 19, 2007

Ride home for Monday, 19 November

Muppet of the day on the way home was the muppet who was obviously feeling demeaned by having to wait behind me to turn left from Dutch Village onto Central and displayed his displeasure by attempting to wheelspin as he went past. Unfortunately, even though he was in a relatively sizable car he was undone by the fact he was driving an automatic, with the result that I could hear his engine start to scream before the onboard computer finally decided to drop the clutch in and deliver a massive burst of power the driver was clearly not expecting, resulting in the driver veering madly across the road in front of me trying to control his vehicle.

I laughed.

Distance logged: 12.307km
Time: 40:30
Average speed: 18.2km/hr
Max speed: 43.4 km/hr
Temperature: 0C
Cumulative distance: 4242.786km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.22
Monthly distance: 372.401km
Monthly cost per km: $0.1

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that stretch of road is wide enough for the cager to pass you on the right while you wait near the centreline, no? the muppet still got annoyed?

I almost got ran off the road on southbound agricola yesterday morning... I took the lane to cross cunard and the lady proceeded to take the left turn lane to pass me in the intersection, just to cut me off in front... may be she just broke up with her boyfriend or something...

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:01:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

No, the muppet was also turning left and got stroppy that he had to wait for me to wait for oncoming traffic to clear enough for me to turn left!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:21:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oic...

people just don't seem to grasp that if we were not on our bikes we would have been in cars. They'd have to stay behind us anyway... =)

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:48:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home