Monday, December 03, 2007

Ride home for Monday, 03 December

It snowed during the afternoon, about 2-3cm had stuck by the time I headed home. I don't know if most people had already left or if they were stuck downtown, but the roads were pretty clear of traffic. The only problem I had was at the crosswalks on Lacewood and Radcliffe, where I was stood watching the cars drive by without stopping. When a car finally did stop for me on Radcliffe, the driver in the car behind her leaned on his horn the whole time I was crossing. I'm not sure what he was trying to prove, apart from his stupidity...

Distance logged: 11.239km
Time: 48:55
Average speed: 13.8km/hr
Max speed: 42 km/hr
Temperature: -1C, snowing, windy
Cumulative distance: 4557.155km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.21
Monthly distance: 91.677km
Monthly cost per km: $0.23

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew. said...

were you walking your bike across?

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 8:58:00 am  
Blogger steve said...

I walked across Lacewood, but Radcliffe was too deep in slush - it would have gone over my boot and I didn't really want to freeze my foot off on the last section home!

The crossing on Radcliffe is pretty lethal now - it's ice along the side, there's no drainage at all.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 9:34:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heeey...

Cool blog. Just an inquiry, I'm moving to halifax and am curious as to whether there is an extensive cycling community in town. Are there alley cat races on a regular basis? Womyn's races too?

Thursday, December 06, 2007 12:29:00 am  
Blogger Andrew. said...

dam steve what a pain in the ass that entire situation is

Thursday, December 06, 2007 8:51:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home