Sunday, December 02, 2007

Ride into work for Friday, 30 November

No ride home yesterday as I was working extremely late helping trying to get a server up and running and ended up getting a ride home from a co-worker. I did, however, get a chance to go out to MEC and pick up a lanyard (amongst other items) so I could carry a camera on me to satisfy the curiosity about my commute - at least, up to the point where the batteries in the camera died!

Here's where I get on the Mainland North Linear Parkway:

Straight away I'm on an uphill. It's also very straight (as the name implies).

Up and over the hill, leading down to the crossing on Lacewood:


More linearity:


Riding along Willett, still in the thick jungles of suburbia:


Downhill on Central. The stepping of the houses gives a reasonably good idea of how steep this is.


So steep that no pedaling is required to hit 50km/hr:


Big jump to George Dauphinee Avenue after riding through some high traffic areas:


Up the little alleyway to the crossing across Connaught:


Somewhere on Connolly Street, I think:


Finally, going up Berlin Street:


As I said, not all that exciting, but it should give people an idea of what Halifax looks like from the seat of a bike.

Distance logged: 11.643km
Time: 33:40
Average speed: 20.8km/hr
Max speed: 56.8 km/hr
Temperature: 2C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 4488.279km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.21
Monthly distance: 22.801km
Monthly cost per km: $0.94

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew. said...

ahaha thats funny, I live right next to Westmount school.

Monday, December 03, 2007 12:37:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home