Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ride into work for Tuesday, 11 December

The temperature was nominally -11 but as I approached downtown I'm sure the temperature went up - after riding all the way in without any problem I noticed at the intersection of Oxford and Quinpool I was dripping sweat. Presumably this is the Urban Heat Island Effect in full force...

Distance logged: 11.824km
Time: 34:23
Average speed: 20.6km/hr
Max speed: 50.7 km/hr
Temperature: -11C
Cumulative distance: 4716.131km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.2
Monthly distance: 250.653km
Monthly cost per km: $0.09

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've noticed it before as well, when I come down the hill through fairview the temperature always rises. I think part of it is elevation, and part of it is proximity to the water.

I use weatherbonk.com to help make my decisions on what to wear, I find the temperature can vary by 5degC between what environment canada says and what it is downtown.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 10:05:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home