Monday, January 14, 2008

Ride home for Monday, 14 January

It had been snowing for a couple of hours when I left, just enough to start sticking. There was very little traffic around, I suspect a lot of people left early scared of the snow (we're forecast to get 15-20cm by tomorrow morning), although I saw several cyclists. I took the short route home straight down Bayers, which was fine apart from the sleet hitting me at 40km/hr feeling like a facial acupuncture. Saw two cyclists ahead of me riding up Central, too - something I've never seen before!

Took the fire trail on the way home just to see if it was any better. The thin layer of snow was just enough to cushion out the ruts, and there were very few tracks so it wasn't too bad.

Distance logged: 12.499km
Time: 48:11
Average speed: 15.6km/hr
Max speed: 42.1 km/hr
Temperature: -4C, snow and sleet, windy
Cumulative distance: 285.378km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.42
Monthly distance: 285.378km
Monthly cost per km: $0.42

2 Comments:

Blogger Land and Water said...

I also noticed an amazing number of cyclists yesterday.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 5:41:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it was around 5ish, one of those riders was probably me. I do that ride everyday, but usually closer to 5:45 or 6.

I also saw quite a few riders last night as well as this morning.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 11:53:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home