Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ride for Saturday, 16 February

Rode down to the farmer's market for my weekly shop. Encountered the muppet of the day on the way back, who passed so close to me as I was riding round a pothole I had to push off his car so I wouldn't ride into it. He saw me signalling left to turn onto Central Ave so pulled in ahead of me and pulled over and wound his window down and stuck his head out. As I came up he started shouting at me, so I asked him to (a) signal when he overtook another vehicle, and (b) not drive so close. His response was to bounce in his seat (slightly startling for a gentleman that looked to be about 70) and scream that I shouldn't take up "the whole road". I asked him if he saw the 3 foot wide pothole and he just repeated that I shouldn't take up the whole road, then jackrabbited forward and drove off. I was amused that he (a) drove off at an angle and caught the side of his car on my studded tyres, and (b) cut off another motorist and almost hit him. The muppet then stopped halfway up the hill to examine the damage, and as I rode past I asked him if he intended to drive into my studded tyres or not. Unfortunately I didn't catch what he said (though I'm sure it was nothing complimentary) and I didn't feel like asking him to repeat himself, so I just continued on up the hill.

Distance logged: 24.228km
Time: 89:25
Average speed: 16.3km/hr
Max speed: 45 km/hr
Temperature: -12C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 989.435km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.12
Monthly distance: 353.113km
Monthly cost per km: $0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home