Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ride for Saturday, 15 March

Down to the farmer's market to do my weekly shopping, did it early as a heavy snowfall was due to hit later. Encountered muppet of the day on the way back. I was riding on Vernon Street (nominally a major bike route) towards Quinpool when a Mercedes stopped at the intersection on Pepperrell. The driver looked at me, then slowly pulled out in front of me. I leaned on my horn and my brakes and the muppet driver continued on until they were in front of me then stopped dead. Fortunately I (just) managed to stop in time and merely grazed my studded tyres against the rear of the vehicle, then discussed with the driver exactly why she was trying to kill me. Her excuse was that she didn't see me despite me having 3 flashing lights going on the front and wearing a high visibility vest. She did, at least, apologise.

Distance logged: 26.367km
Time: 102:18
Average speed: 15.5km/hr
Max speed: 44.4 km/hr
Temperature: -6C to -4C
Cumulative distance: 1565.831km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.08
Monthly distance: 319.361km
Monthly cost per km: $0

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to live near there (my mom still does) and used to ride Vernon on a regular basis. It has become a busier and busier street over the years. I have a friend on a bike taken out once when I was in university by someone who "just didn't see him". She started in on him about riding a bike and he just let her have it. Ahh... the good ol' days.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 3:34:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home