Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Ride home for Tuesday, 01 April

Lot of cyclists out this afternoon despite the dampness. Looks like spring might finally have arrived with warmer temperatures and wet weather. I took the hybrid down this evening and pumped up the tyres and gave it a once-over in anticipation of riding it tomorrow...

Distance logged: 11.732km
Time: 47:27
Average speed: 14.8km/hr
Max speed: 34.2 km/hr
Temperature: 7C, drizzle
Cumulative distance: 1872.901km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.09
Monthly distance: 22.709km
Monthly cost per km: $0

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me that spring is on its way!!!! Here is the forecast for tomorrow:

"A mix of sun and cloud. 70 percent chance of flurries late in the day. Wind west 50 km/h gusting to 80."

Wind gusts of 80..YIKES! A bit breezy...lol. Tell me it's gonna get better............

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 11:04:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Steve,

my name is Steve Davis and I'm writing an article for a King's College journalism course about hybrid bicycles in Halifax. Your blog proves that you have an intimate knowledge of cycling in this city, and I think you'd be a valuable source for this piece. If you'd like to help me out, please email me ASAP at stephen_robert_davis@hotmail.com

The article is due Weds, April 9, so I'd love to talk to you over the weekend.

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 5:14:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

curlyhairgirl, it was a bit windy out but it was very ridable! I'm watching the weather forecast very carefully, I reckon I can probably ride the hybrid in tomorrow...

Steve Davis, by hybrid bicycles I assume you're talking about electric or other small motors powering a bicycle? I don't have any experience with that beyond seeing a couple of people around town with whipper snipper motors strapped onto their rear rack.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 10:31:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home