Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ride home for Wednesday, 26 March

I came out of work to find a flat rear tyre. To compound the misery, I found that the adapter on my pump was mangled so I couldn't even pump up the tyre. A co-worker commiserated with me, commenting that normally he'd have a pump with him but he was out at the weekend. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise, I went down to Ideal, got a tube and pump, and noticed my front derailleur cable was frayed. While Mike was changing out the cable for me I wrestled with the tyre - normally the Schwalbe tyres are really difficult to get on, but this time I had the opposite problem and couldn't get the bead to stay on the rim, it kept flopping off when I inflated it. Mike had a go as well, even going as far as using a proper tool to seat the bead on the rim, before coming to the conclusion that the bead was fairly comprehensively stretched and not worth the risk of riding it. He dug out a Nokian Hakkapeliitta tyre and mounted that for me and it worked perfectly. For all that work and all the parts I was only charged $50... I'll have to buy Mike beers at the next Alleycat party in thanks!

Distance logged: 11.480km
Time: 47:30
Average speed: 14.5km/hr
Max speed: 39.7 km/hr
Temperature: 0C, freezing rain
Cumulative distance: 1769.018km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.1
Monthly distance: 522.548km
Monthly cost per km: $0.11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home