Monday, August 11, 2008

Ride home for Monday, 11 August

Picked up a tent at Canadian Tyre for Hali To Valley later this month (facebook event here for those so inclined). I need to get a sleeping bag, dry bag and pad and I'm good to go. It was a bit iffy hauling the tent home as it stuck out of my bag by a foot or so... It seemed to persuade other drivers to give me plenty of room though!

Distance logged: 11.745km
Time: 34:44
Average speed: 20.3km/hr
Max speed: 39 km/hr
Temperature: 21C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 4502.943km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.17
Monthly distance: 248.092km
Monthly cost per km: $1.14

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawna said...

Have you thought about renting the sleeping bag and mattress pad? MEC and the Trail Shop both rent stuff like that. :)

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:55:00 am  
Blogger steve said...

Thanks for the hint, Dawna, but I'm looking for something permanent - the sprog has already told me he wants to come camping with me next year! I'm also interested in the whole S24O thing, one of the advantages of working at the hospital is I get flextime so I can take a day off here and there without a problem.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:18:00 am  
Blogger Land and Water said...

consider a compression sack for your tent. As space is often a valuable resource.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 11:13:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home