Thursday, February 03, 2005

Ride home for Thursday, 03 Feb

The excitement continues... I had to take a detour from my usual route as the side road I take was blocked off by a police car (the other side of the intersection from this morning's excitement, oddly enough). I took the side road prior and zigzagged my way back to the other end of the side street and found another police car there blocking off the road. Further down I could see a fire engine; it looked like the fire was out, though I could still smell smoke. Ah, the relentless round of excitement that is my life.

Rode through some freezing rain/sleet/drizzle, which cooled me off a little. It looks like we might be getting a teaser taste of spring, which means slush and wet crud on the roads, followed by ice when winter returns and it all refreezes.

Distance logged: 14.582km
Time: 49:52
Average speed: 17.6km/hr
Max speed: 56.4km/hr
Temperature: 0C to -2C, cloudy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home