Thursday, May 26, 2005

Ride home for Thursday, 26 May

Left work early, as the hard drive in my laptop died, so there wasn't much I could do. Stopped off at the bike shop as the rear gears seem to be slipping a bit, but I'm not sure if it's just me not used to a 7 speed gear set or if there's something actually up with it. Roger took a look at the rear derailleur assembly is a bit loose, but he didn't think it was loose enough to cause the problem (and therefore need replacing). He told me to keep going with it as-is for a while until I got used to a 7 speed (as opposed to the 6 speed I had, so I need to be a bit more precise in shifting). Apparently it's really difficult to get 6 speed gears now, but he said he could get some if needs be. I think I'll stick with it and see how it goes for a while.

I took the GPS with me, I've stitched together an image of the trip from the chiropractor to work and back home (the trip from work to home is the line with red dots). The image is too big to display on blogger without throwing the page alignment out of whack, but you can see by clicking on this link right here.

Distance logged: 11.388km
Time: 33:49
Average speed: 20.2km/hr
Temperature: 10C, windy, drizzle
Cumulative distance: 2244.483km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home