Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Ride into work for Wednesday, 13 July

Found a proto-muppet cyclist today when I was doing my hill ride. As I took a left out of Tower Road on to Point Pleasant Drive I saw a cyclist in full on roadie gear turning right onto Tower Road and stare at me rather strangely. I ignored him and went down to the bottom of Point Pleasant Drive, stopped for a quick drink of water, and started back... Then I saw the roadie coming towards me down the hill. I shrugged and carried on, then in my mirror saw he'd turned around and was following me. I suppose he must have thought someone in full commuter gear with a full set of panniers was a worthy target. After the odd look he gave me earlier I didn't really feel like stopping to chat, so I pedalled up the hill faster than he could manage and headed off down Young Avenue. I didn't see him again, so I can only presume he was also doing hill training and was hoping for someone to draft off of...

Distance logged: 19.596km
Time: 47:05
Average speed: 25.0km/hr
Max speed: 61.8km/hr
Temperature: 13C, overcast, breezy
Cumulative distance: 3318.277km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home