Monday, August 15, 2005

Ride for Sunday, 14 August

Ride back from Truro to Musquodoboit Harbour to Halifax. My strategy was to stop at every rest stop and eat a couple of oranges, a granola bar, and drink some Gatorade. This meant that I was stopping long enough that all the slower riders caught up with me, so I kept overtaking the same riders. One rider in particular had no oil on her chain (probably due to the torrential rain on Saturday) and was having real difficulty changing gear, so I oiled her chain for her - my good deed for the day.

Since it was dryer today I was able to take some pictures, viewable at http://www.fop.ns.ca/bike/ms150/.

Distance logged: 145.24km
Time: 6:03:10
Average speed: 24.0km/hr
Max speed: 58.2km/hr
Temperature: 20C-26C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 4318.110km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home