Saturday, July 30, 2005

Ride home for Friday, 30 July

Met Knox for lunch, and got him set on the road after that going across the bridge through Dartmouth and on up the coast.

Slow ride home as my 3 week vacation starts today and I was hauling a whole bunch of stuff home. I very nearly broke Knox's rule of "if you're having trouble lifting your bike then you're carrying too much"; fortunately I found a cunning way around this by putting my laptop in my backpack, thus making the bike easier to lift. Probably not quite what he meant, though...

So, 3 weeks off, but I'm going to be in training for the Nova Scotia MS150 ride. It's going to be interesting combining training for that with my parents visiting (they're arriving on Sunday), but hopefully it shouldn't be too bad - my dad's a cyclist too, so I should be able to get him to come out on some rides with me.

If you'd like to sponsor me, you can do so at http://ms150.fop.ns.ca - thanks!

Distance logged: 13.350km
Time: 40:18
Average speed: 19.9km/hr
Max speed: 50.4km/hr
Temperature: 21C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 3822.381km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home