Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Ride into work for Tuesday, 23 August

I think I adjusted the seat and handlebars pretty much perfectly how I'd like them. Now, however, I have a pinging sound coming from (I think) the headset or stem, which I suspect means I need to take the stem out, clean it up, grease it up, and try to put it back in exactly where it was. There Is No Winning Just Not Losing So Bad.

Speaking of losing, I had two muppets in quick succession this morning as I was headed along Brunswick Street in the bike lane. First was a coach that was parked in the layby in front of the Metro Centre; nothing wrong with that, apart from the driver deciding to stand slap bang in the middle of the bike lane to polish his mirror as I was coming up to him doing 45km/hr with a Coke truck on my left. I leaned on my horn and he turned round and stared at me and didn't bother moving. Fortunately the Coke truck driver showed better sense and swerved over to the left to give me room to swing around this idiot. Continuing down Brunswick across the lights (with the Coke truck still beside me) there was a mini van parked just off the bike lane in front of one of the apartment buildings. Nothing wrong with that, apart from a couple of people stood in the bike lane looking inside the van. Again I leaned on my horn, and again the muppets did nothing, and again the Coke truck driver swerved out to give me space.

Muppets. Good on the Coke truck driver, though, for anticipating what was going to happen.

Distance logged: 17.262km
Time: 42:50
Average speed: 24.2km/hr
Max speed: 59.6km/hr
Temperature: 19C, foggy clearing to sunny
Cumulative distance: 4413.654km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home