Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Ride into work for Wednesday, 05 October

Nice sunny day today, rode in wearing just a t-shirt and armwarmers instead of putting the jacket on. I could probably have used kneewarmers instead of my cycling pants too, but I'd rather take extra care with my knees so they last longer...

Found an interesting site, "bicycle speed and power calculator" which lets you calculate stats on power generated while cycling. Using my admittedly ballpark figures, it was interesting to see that on one of my centuries, I used over 6000 calories at a rate of 290 watts. To look at it another way... that's about 10 and a half Big Macs.

Distance logged: 16.543km
Time: 40:42
Average speed: 24.4km/hr
Max speed: 58.6km/hr
Temperature: 14C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 5502.721km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home