Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Ride home for Tuesday, 15 November

The Tiresparx are continuing to make a difference, everyone seems to slow down around me when they see the flashing blue lights. Most gratifying...

I had a comment from a pedestrian on the firetrail, "I thought you were a car coming towards me and I couldn't figure out how on earth you would fit!" - I guess the lights are quite effective!

Distance logged: 14.403km
Time: 41:23
Average speed: 20.9km/hr
Max speed: 46.8 km/hr
Temperature: 5C, cloudy
Cumulative distance: 6263.179km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.22
Monthly distance: 270.070km
Monthly cost per km: $0.21

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found some Tire Sparxx based on your recommendation. I can't wait to see how they work.

They are very fancy.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 10:40:00 am  
Blogger steve said...

Ahhh, but what colour are they?

Also, I'd recommend wrapping them in a thin strip of clear packing tape or similar, as the O-ring doesn't seem to line up too well in the body (you'll see what I mean when you open up the package).

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:04:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunatley they only had the mulit colored ones, and not the blue ones. They look flimsy, and all I have to do in walk near my bike and they start flashing like crazy. I am so going riding later tonight if it does not start raining.

Thanks for the idea on the tape. They look like they are going to break fairly quickly.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 3:58:00 pm  
Blogger steve said...

I had some from a different manufacturer last year, the salt on the roads rotted out the plastic by spring. They lasted through the winter and worked for what I wanted them to do (albeit not as brightly as the Tyresparx), so I couldn't really complain for $7...

There's a chrome version as well, which might be a bit tougher (but isn't available around here).

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 4:10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home