Sunday, March 12, 2006

Ride for Sunday, 12 March

Rode down to Tantallon and back. I switched my tyres for slicks since it looks like the snow is over for the season (although, this being a province where snow in June is not unheard of, I kept the studded tyre on my spare front wheel). I'd forgotten how much rolling resistance the studded tyres have, and was pleasantly surprised when I started off by how smooth the ride was.

I started off on the BLT trail, which wasn't too bad, but after about 10km degenerated into a muddy morass. I came off as soon as I could (which wasn't for another 10km or so) and took the road the rest of the way. I took the trail to avoid the headwind, but hit straight back into it when I got back on the road. I was thinking about doing a run down to Peggy's Cove, but with the wind the way it was in Tantallon I didn't fancy taking an exposed coastal road and fighting the wind for the best part of 75km...

Distance logged: 50.785km
Time: 126:21
Average speed: 24.1km/hr
Max speed: 47.6 km/hr
Temperature: 7C-11C, sunny, windy
Cumulative distance: 1429.314km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.38
Monthly distance: 279.561km
Monthly cost per km: $0.39

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home