Thursday, March 09, 2006

Ride home for Thursday, 09 March

Things are starting to warm up and I'm not wearing so many layers home. I'm also seeing more cyclists on the road, which is good and bad; good from the point of view that the more cyclists are on the road, the more careful drivers will be, and bad from the point of view that at least some of them are going to be headphone wearing, wrong-way riding, no-signalling muppets. Definitely time to dig out the Airzound horn.

I changed the front brakes this evening, they were squealing horribly loudly. I adjusted them last night to see if it would help, but it just made it worse. Still, I got most of the winter out of them, so I can't complain. There's some funny rough patches on the surface, I have a suspicion that half an hour fiddling with sandpaper might smooth the surface out enough for them to be usable again. I didn't have the time this evening, though, so I just chucked another set on. The new brakes will squeal as well until they break in, but at least that shouldn't take too long - a couple of downhill descents at 50km/hr should do the trick.

Distance logged: 14.936km
Time: 43:40
Average speed: 20.5km/hr
Max speed: 47.6 km/hr
Temperature: 4C, cloudy
Cumulative distance: 1350.866km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.4
Monthly distance: 201.113km
Monthly cost per km: $0.54

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home