Monday, March 06, 2006

Ride into work for Monday, 06 March

No ride over the weekend, I had too much to do on Saturday and it was too windy on Sunday. I cleaned up my bike on Sunday and tweaked the handlebar position a bit so I could stretch out further; it seems to have had an impact on my speed, I was noticeably quicker this morning.

Muppet of the day was the driver who overtook me on Brunswick Street whilst I was in the bike lane, then hauled to a stop, parking half in the bike lane, so he could pick someone up. I hauled on the brakes but couldn't go around him because there was another car coming up behind me. I was forced (forced, I tell you!) to use the percussive impact method to stop myself - specifically, by using my boot to absorb kinetic energy against the muppet's rear left light cluster.

Distance logged: 12.673km
Time: 34:30
Average speed: 22km/hr
Max speed: 60 km/hr
Temperature: -2C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 1243.482km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.35
Monthly distance: 93.729km
Monthly cost per km: $0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home