Thursday, April 06, 2006

Ride home for Thursday, 06 April

Came down to get my bike out of the storage locker and found I had a flat rear tyre, never the best start. I dropped the wheel out, took the tyre off, and found what looked like a heavy duty staple embedded in there. I sanded off the tube and glued it, and while the glue was drying I put a new tube on and mounted the tyre. Not quite quick enough as the glue had dried, so I sanded it off, reglued, put the wheel back on, and was quick enough to be able to put the patch back on. I pumped up the wheel to the level of "enough" - I didn't really feel like doing a proper job on it, I just wanted to be off.

Strong tailwinds as soon as I was out of the parking garage didn't bode well, and I soon hit the headwinds for most of the ride home.

On the plus side, it looks like I'm going to be going to Truro for four days to do an audit, and I've been allowed to take time to ride my bike up there. Only 80km or so, but it's a fairly nice ride. I should get the chance to ride around a bit while I'm up there, too.

Distance logged: 14.342km
Time: 43:41
Average speed: 19.7km/hr
Max speed: 40.6 km/hr
Temperature: 3C, windy, intermittent rain
Cumulative distance: 1960.943km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.4
Monthly distance: 150.190km
Monthly cost per km: $0.21

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo for the ride to DREPRESSING Turo. My god, if there was every a town I was looking forward to and then glad to get the hell out of, it was Turo.

Friday, April 07, 2006 11:03:00 am  
Blogger steve said...

Well, I'm going up there to do work, and I'm going to be staying with a co-worker, so it shouldn't be too bad. It's certainly no hive of excitement there, though, that's for sure...

Friday, April 07, 2006 11:14:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home