Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ride home for Tuesday, 04 April

Hit a strong headwind as soon as I left work, which is always a good sign - it means I'll get tailwinds for most of the ride. It was still tough going for the first 3 or 4km, but as I worked my way round Halifax I started picking up tailwinds. Just as well, as I'm still not feeling the greatest - although I'm feeling better than I was this morning.

Helped the sprogette fix up her bike this evening. Nothing major, she just needed the seat adjusting (it's now maxed out, so it'll be a new bike next year) and the tyres pumped up. The rear tyre was a problem, when it was assembled at the store (it's a bike shaped object) the tube wasn't put in straight, so the valve was at an angle. I got her to take the tyre off, put the valve in properly, and put the tyre back on, all by herself. We then took the stem out, greased it up, and put it back in and sized it up. I also got her to go over all the nuts and tighten them up - just as well, the kickstand was loose and would have been bouncing off her tyre. All told a fairly productive evening, and I think she's earned herself a proper bike now...

Distance logged: 14.643km
Time: 41:002
Average speed: 21.3km/hr
Max speed: 53.1 km/hr
Temperature: 4C, cloudy, windy
Cumulative distance: 1906.224km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.41
Monthly distance: 95.471km
Monthly cost per km: $0.32

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home