Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Ride home for Tuesday, 11 April

Had my annual review today, I asked about the transportation bonus that was mooted a while ago. Apparently it's now gone through, and I'm going to be paid the cost of a parking space, since I don't need a parking pass. I was also told that all travel is to be expensed - including walking and cycling! I can see I'm going to be spending some time with Gmaps tomorrow calculating how much walking I did last month.

The news of the transportation bonus came at just the right time; the leather saddle on the Nishiki is starting to die, the rivets are tearing through the leather and there's a crack forming along one side - and the exposed rivets managed to rub me enough to start a saddle sore. I did a search and found Cycle Therapy sell Brooks saddles at quite a discount, and ordered myself a B17 Standard. After spending last summer on my Brooks B67 and riding the battered leather saddle on the Nishiki, I don't really want to ride anything but a leather saddle. Obviously the winter/beater bike gets plastic seats, but that's as far as I want to go. I think I've been spoilt...

The ride home was pleasant, sunny all the way. I was a little surprised climbing Central and up the hill that it seemed a bit steeper than usual. It wasn't till I stopped at the junction that I found I'd ridden up the hill in second gear the whole way!

Distance logged: 14.369km
Time: 40:32
Average speed: 21.3km/hr
Max speed: 56 km/hr
Temperature: 12C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 2064.217km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.47
Monthly distance: 253.464km
Monthly cost per km: $0.82

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home