Thursday, June 22, 2006

More news on the car accident

I went in to see my chiropractor today, and he confirmed I have a fractured wrist. He reckons it's going to take two months to fully heal; the trip to Cape Breton is off, and he wouldn't commit to when I can get on my bike for regular commuting.

I also met with the claims adjuster today. He took down my statement, 3 pages worth, and went over it in detail. After that, he let slip something interesting; the motorist is claiming that I arrived at the lights after he did, which is a stunningly blatant lie. That said, the adjuster is going with an open mind until he has seen all the evidence; we're going to meet downtown on Monday and he's going to take a look at my bike to try to find any evidence to square away with either side, and I'm going to get a typed copy of my statement for my records, and sign his copy.

After I talked to the claims adjuster I called the number on the card the police officer gave me, and asked what would be involved in getting a copy of the accident report. The person I talked to wasn't entirely sure, but she thought it would cost $28.75 from the records department, and gave me a number to call tomorrow morning to get the exact information. I'm hoping that there's enough information in the report to prove my point of view. Unfortunately by the time I'd got off the road and to a safe point all potential witnesses had passed by, so it's going to be entirely down to circumstantial evidence now.

Needless to say, this sucks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Satele said...

That is a bummer - It's bad enough the guy hit's with his car - the least he could do is pay to make it right.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:19:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home