Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ride into work for Wednesday, 30 August

Rode in and with time to spare I rode across the bridge and back. Unfortunately, coming off the bridge onto Barrington, a car decided to switch lanes and be in the same lane as me. I swerved off to the side and landed heavily in a pothole doing 50km/hr. I managed to ride most of the way on Barrington before my front tyre completely flatted, I pulled over and walked the rest of the way to Cogswell Tower. The rear rim had a massive dent in it, about 6cm long and dented in at the worst part by about 5mm. The front rim had a smaller dent but was pinch flatted. I dropped the bike off at IdealBikes on my way over to Dutch Village and asked them to try fixing it, but if it was unfixable, put a new wheel on there - handily enough, Roger had just finished building up a rim.

Distance logged: 18.483km
Time: 41:49
Average speed: 26.5km/hr
Max speed: 62.1 km/hr
Temperature: 13C-14C,sunny
Cumulative distance: 5263.597km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.42
Monthly distance: 765.072km
Monthly cost per km: $0.21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home