Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ride home for Wednesday, 04 October

Took another long ride home to gather more data for Openstreetmap. I did a render of the data for Halifax when I got home, here's what it's looking like so far (click for a bigger version):



It's actually starting to look like Halifax, I'm mildly impressed!

There's someone else logging data, but they appear to be doing highways - Highway 101 and St Margaret's Bay Road on this map. The rest was done by me riding around on my bike. I think I've got the street map names right, but a lot of it's on the order of "I think that's North Street, so that must be Gottingen"; if anyone wants to go through and correct my data I'd be interested to know how close I was! I'd recommend using the Java JOSM utility - the online web app is crawlingly slow, for some reason.

Distance logged: 17.946km
Time: 48:43
Average speed: 22.1km/hr
Max speed: 47.7 km/hr
Temperature: 20C, sunny
Cumulative distance: 6252.559km
Cumulative cost per km: $0.41
Monthly distance: 94.219km
Monthly cost per km: $0.35

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home